Do you know that? You are visiting somewhere and looking in the mirror you realize: the bathroom mirror is either hung too high or too low. Of course, this can not happen to you if you put the mirror at the right height. But what is it actually aimed at? A small digression on how to properly attach mirrors!
The eye level is the measure of all things
Mirror available in different shapes and sizes. If it does not serve as a pure decoration, however, this home accessory should always be hung up in such a way that you can actually see yourself in it. Of course: if you only want to look at the footwear, as in the shoe store, the alignment certainly does not need to be at the level of the face. So it depends on the situations in which you use the mirror.
Usually, mirrors are primarily used to Face and hairstyle consider. In order for this to work out well in the bathroom or in the hallway, it has proven itself to proceed according to the following rule of thumb:
Always hang a round or square mirror so that the center of the mirror is at eye level.
Would you like to install a wall mirror that is simultaneously Full-length mirror to function, the eye level is only the basis, if you will. Because in this case the formula:
One quarter of the mirror surface should be above the level of your eyes, while three quarters of the mirror should be placed below your eye level.
Our tip “ Due to the size of full-length mirrors, wall mounting can be a challenge. In addition, measuring the correct height is sometimes difficult with such a large mirror. However, if you lean this large mirror against the wall at an angle, this not only looks casual, but also gives the room a modern touch.
Methods of fixing mirrors
Mirrors, in whatever shape and size, can be attached to the wall in different ways. Typical methods of fastening include:
- stable nails
- Dowels and screws
- double-sided adhesive tape
- French Cleats (wooden skirting construction)
That The French Cleats Principle is quite simple. They cut through a sturdy wooden bar in such a way that they get a slope, which will be connected to the masonry. The counterpart is attached to the mirror itself so that the two elements mesh when you hang the mirror at an angle.
What should you pay attention to?
In addition to the fact that you should install the mirror at the correct height, there are when fixing mirror surfaces some things to consider. Consider:
- The larger the mirror, the heavier it is. Accordingly, a load-bearing fastening method be selected and the load-bearing capacity of the wall is ensured.
- In the case of bathroom mirrors, the Mounting on the tiles is often more difficult and more elaborate. Either you need to drill in the joints, or you need to use the French Cleats method.
- When fixing with double-sided adhesive tape should you resort to a self-adhesive tape, which has a load capacity of up to 120 kilos. In addition, it is important with this method that you pay close attention to where the mirror should be positioned before wall mounting. A correction of the mirror position is difficult or not possible at all.
- The placement of the mirror takes significant influence on the overall spatial effect. For example, if you place your mirror opposite a window, the daylight is reflected wonderfully and the room looks optically larger. In addition, dark rooms can look brighter due to this position.
- Position the mirror on a shorter wall, visually reduce those rooms that seem narrow and long. This is especially ideal in a hallway.
- Already when choosing the mirror, keep in mind that a room looks much larger if the mirror does not have a frame. However, it also radiates a certain coolness. Either of framed mirror surface it always seems warmer and cozier.
- If the mirror was hung not only for decorative purposes, the light condition important. So make sure that the mirror can either absorb enough daylight or that it is sufficient right next to and above it Lighting elements are appropriate.
Our tip » Mirrors with integrated lighting are especially convenient. Mirror cabinets with hinged mirror doors, for example, are suitable for this, as they are heute-wohnen.de are to be found.
Mirror, mirror on the wall
Hanging a mirror at the right height is not rocket science. Nevertheless, it can make a lot of difference whether you hang the mirror at an angle, lean against the wall or place it opposite a window. For which Mirror shape and mirror size Of course, the choice you make depends entirely on your personal taste.
Nevertheless, you should think in advance about whether you want to attach the mirror for decorative purposes or use it in its original function for daily facial care. Or maybe you are looking for a large mirror in which you can check your complete outfit? We offers a good selection of suitable mirrors for your home.