The pictures about the life of the late monarch Queen Elizabeth II have recently brought us a little closer to the pompous beauty of the Baroque style again. However, it is by no means only the European royal houses that are the Baroque style furnishings favor. In the meantime, it has become a Residential trends who is also finding more and more lovers in this country. What is important here? We will explain it to you.
Typical features of the Baroque interior style
The Baroque interior style can be recognized at first glance. He exudes a glamorous and magnificently opulent to extravagant lookwhich inevitably causes a certain amazement in the viewer. Suddenly you feel like a princess or a prince. At least when you see a living room with Baroque furnishings, you always feel a little transported to another time, which nevertheless still proves to be magnificent today.
Among the typical features of the imposing interior style are:
- striking and contrasting color combinations
- gold and silver home accessories and decorations
- magnificent Wall lamp
- richly decorated and heavy furniture
- curved shapes
- elaborate carvings
- heavy and ostentatiously printed fabrics, optionally with fringes and cords
- high-quality and elaborately embossed wallpapers
This belongs to the living room furniture in the Baroque style
In order to completely reinterpret the Baroque style in the living room, you first need a correspondingly large room. Because due to the very expansive size, Baroque furniture is not suitable for a small living space. With this particular interior style, you should keep the following elements in mind:
Baroque furniture for the living room made of solid wood, with curved shapes and applied decorations, such as flourishes, tendrils, floral motifs or arches. It is also typical for the Baroque furniture that the wood was very often painted with a golden lacquer color. Sometimes some passages remind of the well-known Shabby-chic look, because traces of use are quite possible.
Baroque seating in the living room are often dominated by the pompous upholstery. Heavy fabrics in strong colors such as burgundy, dark green or patterned dark brown are very typical here. Armchair and Sofa they also have curved and decorated legs. The button stitching of the upholstery and the rivets with which the upholstery is delimited to the wooden frame are striking.
Wallpaper underline the Baroque furnishing style in the living room, on the one hand by strong colors and on the other hand by the printed or embossed ornaments in cream, silver or gold. Very typical are dark shades, which create a lot of contrast.
Decorative elements in the living room should be guided by the Baroque decor. Mirrors with a richly decorated and curved frame are just as much a part of it as ornate Candlestick, Crystal bowls or the silver sugar and cream set.
Home textile for furnishing in the Baroque style are very often made of heavy curtain fabrics such as brocade. Velvet, Taffeta and silk, on the other hand, can be found in pillowcases, while tablecloths and table runners are made of high-quality cotton fabric or starched lace.
Lighting is always a little more pompous, almost decadent in a Baroque furnished living room. Wall lamp or wall lamps with crystal elements are just as optimal here as fabric-covered lampshades.
Living accessories play an important role in the Baroque style. Tassels, for example, or tiebacks made of gold and silver adorn the curtains and drape them into a sweeping shape. Carpets with fringes and Baroque ornamentation round off the furnishings and at the same time create a pleasantly warm cosiness.
Our tips for furnishing the living room in Baroque modern
A living room with a Baroque look does not have to exclude modernity at all. After all, the living trend of today is more of a Re-interpretation – so epochally newer design elements may also play a role here. After all, only a few of us live in a castle with large rooms and high ceilings.
- Upholstered furniture or Cupboards and sideboards with flourishes and bold colors can also be integrated as a solitary element in modern or minimalist interior styles.
- Fringed carpets, tassels or tiebacks are also suitable for stores and over-curtains from today.
- Cushion covers, wallpapers and curtains are currently also available again with stylish and extravagant ornaments.
- For the wall design, strong and dark colors are recommended, which can also be decorated with wall tattoos or self-applied ornaments.
- In small living rooms, it has proven itself to make only one wall with a wallpaper or ornament in the Baroque style.
- Door handles can be wonderfully exchanged with imitations of crystal handles, so that a glamorous look is created.
- The particularly lush Wall lamp from the past, nowadays there are also smaller variants and with crystal glass, which sparkles particularly beautifully when the light hits it.
- Choose mirror and photo frames with beautiful flourishes and ornaments to bring a touch of extravagance to the living room.
- Decorate the living room in the Baroque style with small statuettes made of bronze, small putti and vases made of crystal.
- Choose color combinations such as violet-gold, black-silver, brown-gold or red-gold.
- Place a small table lamp with a fabric-covered lampshade on the sideboard, sideboard or stylish table.
- Spread the finest crochet and lace doilies on the Occasional table with the beautifully curved legs.
- For smaller rooms, colors from creamy white to light gray have proven themselves well. But here, too, the ornaments should not be missing when it comes to wall design.
- If you prefer a classic monochrome wall design, the typical ornaments can be picked up well in the curtain fabrics or pillowcases.
- Particularly imposing and feudal look fabric panels made of satin or brocade, which are stretched over the walls.
There are countless details with which the Baroque interior style can be reinterpreted in modern times. Feel free to try yourself a little. It does not have to be the complete image of a royal reception hall, which is looking for a place in your living room. Bet better strong accents, to create a glamorous and unique atmosphere.
Inspirations for furnishing in Baroque style at heute-wohnen.de
A baroque furnished living room can in principle very quickly seem overloaded. Nevertheless, we recommend: Give yourself a try and let yourself be inspired by our range. Chesterfield Furniture or elements from the Vintage Today, style can be perfectly combined with the Baroque attitude to life.
The ornaments in the screen or a table lamp with a curved design are just as advantageous as a chandelier or the sofa cushion with an ornament pattern. These and other suggestions for your very personal Baroque style furniture can be found at heute-wohnen.de.