The hungry baby is screaming, but you just do not want to succeed in finding a comfortable position on the couch? It already needs a quiet place where you too can relax to breastfeed your little darling. A Nursing chairs in the baby room is ideal for this. But many parents ask themselves the question of what to look for when buying an armchair for breastfeeding. Isdecortrends tell them what is important.
What is called an armchair for breastfeeding?
As the name already makes clear, it is about an armchair, which at first is mainly intended for breastfeeding the baby. Such a piece of furniture will also Nursing chairs because he explicitly refers to the special Adapted to the needs of the nursing mother be. Although such an armchair is intended for breastfeeding in the nursery, at first glance it often resembles a massage chair or a Relaxsessel.
But there are still differences. A seating furniture designed as a nursing chair is:
- extra soft padded
- equipped with a footrest or additional footstool
- adjustable in the area of the backrest
- equipped with wide armrests
- ergonomically shaped
- equipped with a swing function in its classic design
In addition, such an armchair for breastfeeding has a right high backrest, so that it is extremely convenient for the mother even with prolonged breastfeeding.
Alternatives to the classic nursing chair
For breastfeeding, mother and child need a place that is as quiet as it is comfortable. The baby may not care in principle, but if the mother cannot sit comfortably and relax during the breastfeeding process, this malaise quickly transfers to the hungry offspring. That’s why it makes a lot of sense to Nursing chairs in the children’s room provide.
Alternatively, the following seating furniture can also be used for breastfeeding:
As a rule, it is a little narrower, but it often has the practical additional function, so that it rotate by 360° summed. This is particularly advantageous if you need a little more range of action or want to keep an eye on the older sibling while breastfeeding.
Relaxsessel: This alternative hardly differs from a classic nursing chair. The biggest advantage here is that they usually automatic functions with which the backrest or armrest can be easily adjusted, for example, even if you are already breastfeeding your child.
Rocking: As a rule, these seating furniture have a high backrest and can thus enable a very comfortable sitting position of the mother when breastfeeding. Due to its actual Swing function is he also ideal to take the baby at other times too calm, for example as Sleep aid.
Wing chair: This particular type of armchairs is also very suitable in the children’s room, as they have a high comfort for lactation. However, the most common criterion in choosing such an armchair is in the timeless design. Especially this form can be easily integrated later in other rooms.
Swing armchairs: Just like the rocking chair, a rocking chair with high backrest the advantage that he has in the baby room less space claim. Thus, it can also be the perfect equipment in smaller children’s rooms to breastfeed your baby in peace.
You should pay attention to these peculiarities when buying the armchair for breastfeeding
Towards the end of pregnancy, many things become a little more stressful and exciting for the expectant parents. But it is not only for this reason that it is recommended that you register early after the best Armchairs for the baby room look around. Because especially the expectant mother can use it for relaxation even before the birth. In addition, it is good if the new seating furniture can be ventilated sufficiently before the baby arrives.
In addition, there are other Criteria and special featureswhich ones you should pay attention to when buying an appropriate armchair for breastfeeding:
- Which functional equipment is important. It is ideal if the backrests can be adjusted, the feet can be put up and the Rocking or rocking is possible.
- The armchair should not conflict with the size of the children’s room or the available space. This means that you enough space for getting up, rocking or turning should take into account, without bumping into it somewhere.
- Which Padding should be soft, but still a certain Dimensional stability gaps. After all, you will use this armchair for breastfeeding several times a day.
- Ideally, the nursing chair is equipped with a durable and moisture-repellent material which can be easily wiped off. Leather, cotton and linen have proven themselves especially well here.
- Which Armrests should be designed as wide as possible. Firstly, this provides the best relaxation for the muscles of the mother’s arms. Secondly, as a result, you usually do not need an extra breastfeeding pillow to keep your baby comfortably in your arms.
- Which Backrest should be adjustable as far as possible in order to always be able to adopt the optimal sitting position when breastfeeding.
- In addition, pay attention to the correct seat height. Not every armchair is height-adjustable, which is why it is important that you pay attention to the height, so that both parents have a comfortable and comfortable seating in the nursery.
By the way »
The design of the armchair for breastfeeding should be as timeless as possible, so that it can also be used for other purposes after the breastfeeding phase. Heute-wohnen.de offers various seating areas that are suitable as armchairs for breastfeeding.
Our tips for cleaning the nursing chair
While a classic nursing chair is equipped with a leather cover, alternative chairs for breastfeeding are more often found Fabric covers before. Since a small mishap can always happen, it is good if you already make sure when buying the armchair for breastfeeding that you can wipe the cover or milk and other liquids can not penetrate too quickly through the armchair cover into the upholstery.
Tip number 1 » keep an eye out for a removable cover, which you can, for example, put over the wing chair in the nursery and, if necessary, clean in the washing machine.
Tip number 2 » Milk residues on a fabric cover can be removed quite well with gall soap.
Tip number 3 » Wipe away milk residues as quickly as possible, because once they have dried up, they are difficult to remove from fabric covers.
Heute-wohnen.de not only has the right armchair for breastfeeding in its range, but also pretty Decoration for the baby room and suitable Lamps. Let yourself be inspired when you furnish the children’s room for the offspring. The earlier, the more relaxed the exciting time with the new family member.